Simple Pasta Sauce
I does’t take a lot of ingredients, money or time to make this simple but delicious pasta sauce, you also have 3 options Vegan, meat (bolognese) or fish, I love them all. This recipe is customized to my liking, feel free to add anything you think will make it more yummy to your tummy 🙂 like wine (sometimes I do), pancetta (I don’t eat pork but I have seen people add) …….. be creative
How do you like your pasta? comment below…..
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 large carrot shredded fine
- 2 small size canned tomato paste or home made (comment for Paste recipe)
- 8 Piece rip organic tomatoes pureed
- 4 cloves Garlic chopped fine
- 1/2 cup Olive oil extra virgin
- 2 sprig Fresh rosemary leafs
- Hot Water as needed
- Salt and pepper
- Saute onion and carrot with olive oil till slightly golden brown.
- Add tomato paste, cook at medium heat for about 5 mins adding 2 tbsp water if it gets dry and sticky to the pan.
- Add copped tomatoes, garlic and rosemary leaves, simmer for 20-25 minutes, stir occasionally add water between string if it tends to be sticking to the pan.
For Bologese sauce (with ground beef)
- Add ground beef with the onion and carrots and follow steps 2 and 3
With fish (sea food)
- Fry the fish on a different pan then add it 5 minutes before you finish cooking the sauce.
- serve warm with your favorite pasta. Enjoy!
- Sprinkle with some berebre or mitmita for some heat
- Try eating your paste with Enjera you will love it if you are into enjera